Monday, July 7, 2008

Ayurvedic Chocolate and Zucchini Cake

I just posted the Ayurvedic recipe for this month, and boy does it look yummy! (Thanks Claudia! - For those of you who don't know, our Ayurvedic recipes come from our fantastic guest blogger, Claudia Dávila).

The picture alone is enough to make me run for the nearest bar of chocolate. But I suppose moderation is key, so I'll have to control myself a bit. (darn it!)

Click on the recipe link at the top of this page to get the recipe.

Let me know how you like it. (And have a slice for me!)


Like this blog?


Personal Alchemy now offers our blog “feed-style”!
Never miss a post by subscribing today. Simply click below.

4 comments:

victoria said...

As I like chocolate cake, I will definitely try it at my home and I will also tell my dearest friend to make this recipe.

Personal Alchemy said...

Wonderful, Victoria!

Please let me know how it turns out for you.

Namaste,
Tiffany

Patti Garland said...

Hi Tiffany,

Can you tell me what's Ayurvedic about the "Ayurvedic Chocolate Zucchini Cake?"

Blissfully yours,
Patti

Personal Alchemy said...

Hi Patti,

I would be happy to explain!

You see, in Ayurveda, it's all about eating the foods that are appropriate for balancing your doshas. For many folks, this means that they can take normal recipes, and change the ingredients to make them a bit more "dosha friendly".

While I don't recommend eating this every morning for breakfast, it's a great way to have a special treat from time to time, and still be able to keep it dosha friendly.

That's why, at the end of the recipe, there are ingredient adjustments for the different doshas.

I hope that helps.

Have a blessed day,

Tiffany